Proper dental care can add three to five years to your pet’s life. Studies show that by the age of three, almost 80% of all dogs and 70% of all cats show signs of dental disease, which can lead to heart, lung, and kidney disease. Proper dental care can help your pet stay healthy and have sweet-smelling breath for years to come!
- If your pet is over 5 years old, you should consider having pre-anesthetic blood work done at your full-service veterinary provider prior to the procedure. This blood work helps determine that your pet is healthy enough to undergo anesthesia services.
- TCAP does not provide pre-anesthetic blood work.
- TCAP recommends pre-surgical dental x-rays to check for pre-existing pathology. TCAP does not perform x-rays. Your pet will be referred to a veterinary dental specialist when appropriate.
- While TCAP does not extract teeth that are not loose and easily removed if a jaw fracture occurs during extractions your pet will be referred to a Board Certified Veterinary Dentist.
- Pets that are 10 years or older are not eligible for TCAP’s dental services.
- Due to special diagnostic and anesthetic needs, TCAP does not perform spay/neuter surgeries or dental cleanings on English Bulldogs or their mixes.
- Antibiotics are required for 5 days post-procedure at a cost of $15 to the pet owner.
- There is an additional $25.00 fee if the dog is more than 50 lbs. Dogs over 99.9 lbs. will not be serviced.
- Because dental cleanings involve anesthesia, pets with pre-existing conditions (seizures, heart murmurs, etc.) are not eligible for TCAP’s dental services. Please discuss any concerns about your pet prior to scheduling a dental procedure.
- The extraction of teeth may be necessary for your pet’s health and may be required at the time of the dental cleaning for an additional fee per tooth at a maximum charge of $60. These costs are outlined below. Our veterinary team will refer clients to visit an oral surgeon or full-service clinic for dental extractions that cannot be handled at TCAP.
- Major Extractions: $20
- Minor Extractions: $10
Note: a $20 deposit will be assessed per pet when scheduling an appointment. This deposit will be refunded on the day of your pet’s scheduled dental cleaning appointment, and/or can be used to cover the cost of extractions or other services. This deposit is non-refundable in the event of an appointment cancellation or reschedule.