Dental Cleaning and Surgery Guidelines in DFW
Because anesthesia is used, our veterinary staff reserves the right to refuse service to any pet we feel is not a good candidate for a dental cleaning.
- A $20 deposit will be assessed per pet when scheduling an appointment. This deposit will be applied to services provided on the day of your pet’s appointment. This deposit is non-refundable in the event of a cancellation or reschedule.
- TCAP recommends pre-surgical intraoral radiographs (dental x-rays) to check for pre-existing pathology. TCAP does not perform intraoral radiographs.
- TCAP considers a dental specialist as an extension of the primary care veterinary team in providing oral health care.
- While TCAP does not extract teeth that are not loose and easily removed, if a jaw fracture occurs during extractions your pet will be referred to a Board Certified Veterinary Dentist.
- Due to special diagnostic and anesthetic needs, TCAP does not perform surgery or dental cleanings on Persian cats, English Bulldogs, or Olde English Bulldogs.
The Texas Coalition for Animal Protection (TCAP) is a nonprofit organization that supplies low cost services to those qualified for assistance programs. TCAP provides services to those who are indigent and lack sufficient means to provide medical care for their pets. TCAP is able to provide subsidized savings at our clinics thanks to the generosity of our donors and sponsors. This savings allows our clients to care for their pets using low-cost co-pays. TCAP recommends that ongoing health care be provided by a full-service veterinary clinic.