Feral Fix Program
Feral Fix Program
How to participate in TCAP’s Feral Fix Program
TCAP offers the humane sterilization of feral “wild” cats at our 8 DFW area flagship clinics in Allen, Arlington, Burleson, Denton, Fort Worth, Hurst, Garland, and Weatherford.
Additional things feral caretakers should know:
- Caretakers must elect for the cat to receive a rabies vaccine at a cost of $5 and an ear tip designating the cat as a sterilized feral cat.
- Only 4 cats, each in their own live trap, will be accepted per person/organization. Cats not brought in a live trap, will be subject to paying full price for their sterilization and require an appointment. Additional cats, after the first 12 in line, may be declined for service, or if the schedule permits may be accepted at full spay/neuter price.
- Caretakers may not use placeholders to reserve a place in line for feral cats. In order to be counted as one of the first 12 in line, a cat must be physically in a live trap and in line.
- Caretakers are responsible for additional fees incurred during surgery (i.e. in heat, pregnant or a cryptorchid). Caretakers will also incur an anesthesia fee ($20) for cats who are presented for surgery and already sterilized.
- Due to the lifestyle of feral felines, TCAP is unable to sell post-surgical collars/cones for feral felines.
- If TCAP’s veterinarian determines a patient does not meet the minimum health requirements for services, the patient will be declined to ensure the patient’s health. This declination of service is for a pet’s well-being and the patient will be referred to local, full-service hospitals for care.
- Some cities require feral cat colony registration. Register your colony here: FERAL CAT REGISTRATION »
- An annual census of your registered colony is required by Jan. 15 of each year. Complete your census here: FERAL CAT COLONY CENSUS »
Surgery Days for Feral Cats*
Allen: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday *NO FERAL FIX DEC 6*
Arlington: Monday, Wednesday, & Friday
Burleson: Monday – Friday *NO FERAL FIX NOV 22*
Denton: Monday – Thursday
Fort Worth: Monday – Thursday *NO FERAL FIX NOV 21*
Garland: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
Hurst: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Weatherford: Thursday & Friday
*TCAP does not perform feral cat surgeries on the last Wednesday of each month. Please call to see if our clinics will be open before bringing a feral cat for sterilization on a holiday.
*No Feral Fix on Thanksgiving Day or Black Friday (Nov 23 & 24)*
Policy for Ear Tipped Cats
Cats that have an ear tip will be considered feral (unfriendly, not able to be safely handled). For the safety of the cat and our staff, TCAP will not be able to vaccinate, recheck, or provide wellness services for cats with an ear tip without an appointment for sedation at an additional cost of $20 and the qualifying factors for sedation being met (such as age, health, etc).