This policy applies to information we collect:
- By and through the Website
- In email, text, and/or other electronic messages between you and the Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by us or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Information We Collect
We collect any information you provide when you visit our Website, register on the Website, place an order, donate, fill out a form, respond to a survey, subscribe to our newsletter, and engage in other activities, services, features, or resources we make available on our Website. The information we collect includes, but is not limited to:
- Personally identifying information such as your name, email address, mailing address, and phone number. We will collect personal identification information from you only if you voluntarily submit such information to us. You can always refuse to supply personal identification information, except that it may prevent you from engaging in certain Website-related activities.
- Your login and password and other account (“Account”) registration details
- Demographic data (such as your zip code)
- Computer, mobile device and/or browser information (e.g., IP address, mobile device ID information, operating system, connection speed, bandwith, browser type, referring/exist web pages, web page requests, cookie information, hardware attributes, software attributes)
- Third-party website, network, platform, server and/or application information (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Usage activity concerning your interactions with the Website and/or third-party websites, networks or applications accessed through the Website (e.g., viewing habits, viewing preferences, viewing history, number of clicks on a page or feature, amount of time spent on a page or feature, identity of third-party websites, networks, etc.)
- Billing, payment, and shipping information
- Information about third parties that you refer to us (e.g., name, email, and/or other contact information, relationship)
- Statements or content (e.g., comments, videos, photographs, images) and information about such statements or content, which you submit or publish on or through the Website or which are accessed via your public or linked social media pages (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Any other information you provide when you contact or communicate with us
If you use your mobile device to visit, access or use the Website, then additional categories of information that we collect may include:
- The name associated with your mobile device
- The telephone number associated with your mobile device
- Your geolocation
- Your mobile device ID information
- With your express consent, your contacts and/or contact information (e.g., names, telephone numbers, physical addresses, email addresses, photos) stored on your mobile device
- With your express consent, information about third-party software applications on your mobile device (including, without limitation, general software apps, downloadable software apps, and social media apps)
How Information is Collected
TCAP might collect personal and non-personal information directly from you when you visit, access or use the Website; when you register with or donate via the Website or purchase any products or services available through the Website; when you “sign in,” “log in,” or the like to the Website; when you allow the Website to access, upload, download, import or export content found on or through, or to otherwise interact with, your computer or mobile device (or any other device you may use to visit, access or use the Website) or online accounts with third-party websites, networks, platforms, servers or applications (e.g., your online social media accounts, your cloud drives and servers, your mobile device service provider); or whenever we ask you for such information, such as, for example, when you process a payment through the Website, or when you answer an online survey or questionnaire. In addition, if you or a third party sends us a comment, message or other communication (such as, by way of example only, email, letter, fax, phone call, or voice message) about you or your activities on or through the Website, then we may collect any personal or non-personal information provided therein or therewith.
Finally, TCAP might use various tracking, data aggregation and/or data analysis technologies, including, for example, the following:
- Cookies, which are small data files (e.g., text files) stored on the browser or device you use to view a website or message. They may help store user preferences and activity, and may allow a website to recognize a particular browser or device. There are several types of cookies, including, for example, browser cookies, session cookies, and persistent cookies. Cookies may record information you access on one page of a website to simplify subsequent interaction with that website, or to help streamline your transactions on related pages of that website. Most major browsers are set up so that they will initially accept cookies, but you might be able to adjust your browser’s or device’s preferences to issue you an alert when a cookie is downloaded, or to block, reject, disable, delete or manage the use of some or all cookies on your browser or device. Cookies can be set by the website owner (i.e., us), or they can be set by third parties (e.g., Facebook, Google, etc.) Cookies are used to help us speed up your future activities or to improve your experience by remembering the information that you have already provided to us. Third party cookies may also be used to enable analytics (e.g. Google Analytics) or advertising functionality (e.g., ad re-targeting on third-party websites) that enables more customized services and advertising by tracking your interaction with our Website and collecting information about how you use the Website.
- Flash cookies, which are cookies written using Adobe Flash, and which may be permanently stored on your device. Like regular cookies, Flash cookies may help store user preferences and activity, and may allow a website to recognize a particular browser or device. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings that are used for regular cookies.
- Web beacons, which are pieces of code embedded in a website or email to monitor your activity on the website or your opening of the email, and which can pass along information such as the IP address of the computer or device you use to view the website or open the email, the URL page on which the web beacon is located, the type of browser that was used to access the website, and previously set cookie values. Web beacons are sometimes used to collect advertising data, such as counting page views, promotion views or advertising responses. Disabling your computer’s, device’s or browser’s cookies may prevent some web beacons from tracking or recording certain information about your activities.
- Scripts, which are pieces of code embedded in a website to define how the website behaves in response to certain key or click requests sent by the user. Scripts are sometimes used to collect information about the user’s interactions with the website, such as the links the user clicks on. Scripts are often times temporarily downloaded to the user’s computer or device from the website server, active only while the user is connected to the Website, and deactivated or deleted when the user disconnects from the website.
- Analytic tools and services, which are sometimes offered by third parties, and which track, measure and/or generate information about a website’s or program’s traffic, sales, audience and similar information, and which may be used for various reasons, such as, for example, statistical research, marketing research, and content ratings research, and conversion tracking. Examples of the analytic tools and services which TCAP might use include Google Analytics and Taplytics. TCAP may also use other third-party analytic tools and services.
Please be advised that if you choose to block, reject, disable, delete or change the management settings for any or all of the aforementioned technologies and/or other tracking, data aggregation and data analysis technologies, then certain areas of the Website might not function properly.
By visiting, accessing or using the Website, you acknowledge and agree in each instance that you are giving TCAP permission to monitor or otherwise track your activities on the Website, and that we may use the aforementioned technologies and/or other tracking, data aggregation and data analysis technologies.
Use of Data
We and our affiliates and service providers may use your information for a number of purposes including, but not limited to:
- Verifying your identity;
- Confirming your location;
- Administering your Account;
- Fulfilling your requests;
- Processing your payments;
- Facilitating your movement through the Website;
- Facilitating your use of the Website and/or products or services offered through the Website;
- Communicating with you by letter, email, text, telephone or other forms of communication;
- Providing you with information about TCAP, its products and services, by letter, email, text, telephone or other forms of communication;
- Providing you with customer support;
- Providing you with information about third-party businesses, products and services by letter, email, text, telephone or other forms of communication;
- Developing, testing or improving the Website and content, features and/or products or services offered via the Website;
- Identifying or creating new products, services, marketing and/or promotions for TCAP or the Website;
- Promoting and marketing TCAP, the Website, and the products and/or services offered via the Website;
- Improving user experiences with the Website;
- Analyzing traffic to and through Website;
- Analyzing user behavior and activity on or through the Website;
- Conducting research and measurement activities for purposes of product and service research and development, advertising claim substantiation, market research, and other activities related to TCAP, the Website or products and services offered via the Website;
- Monitoring the activities of you and others on or through the Website;
- Placing and tracking orders for products or services on your behalf;
- Protecting or enforcing TCAP’s rights and properties;
- Protecting or enforcing the rights and properties of others (which may include you);
- When required by applicable law, court order or other governmental authority (including, without limitation and by way of example only, in response to a subpoena or other legal process); or
- When TCAP believes in good faith that such use is otherwise necessary or advisable (including, without limitation and by way of example only, to investigate, prevent, or take legal action against someone who may be causing injury to, interfering with, or threatening the rights, obligations or properties of TCAP, a user of the Website, which may include you, or anyone else who may be harmed by such activities or to further TCAP’s legitimate business interests).
By providing your personal information, you consent to receive marketing communications from us. If at any time you no longer wish to receive such communications, you may opt-out by following the instructions provided in the communication or by contacting us directly.
Disclosure of Information
We may disclose information collected from or about you through the Website in the following instances:
- Affiliates:We may share your information with our affiliated companies to support and enhance our services and improve your overall experience on the Website.
- Service Providers:We may engage trusted service providers who work on our behalf and have agreed to maintain the confidentiality of your information. These service providers assist us in performing various tasks, such as processing credit card transactions, facilitating fundraising activities and campaigns, and delivering targeted advertisements on our behalf. Rest assured that they are authorized to use your information solely to provide the requested services.
TCAP may retain your information for as long as it believes necessary; as long as necessary to comply with its legal obligations, resolve disputes and/or enforce its agreements; and/or as long as needed to provide you with the products and/or services of the Website or TCAP. TCAP may dispose of or delete any such information at any time, except as set forth in any other agreement or document executed by us or as required by law.
Data Storage and Security
We take reasonable measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction. Your data is stored on TCAP servers, in the cloud, and in other secure places as needed to ensure its safety. However, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
In connection with any transaction that you conduct through the Website (e.g., the purchase or sale of any products or services, or the donation of funds, on or through the Website), you may be asked to supply certain information relevant to the transaction, including, without limitation, your credit card number and expiration date, your billing address, your shipping address, your phone number and/or your email address. By submitting such information, you grant TCAP without charge the irrevocable, unencumbered, universe-wide and perpetual right to provide such information to third parties (e.g., payment processing companies, buyers on the Website, sellers on the Website) for the purpose of facilitating the transaction.
Securing Transaction Data through Third-Party Vendors
Please note that while we take reasonable precautions to safeguard your personal information, no method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is 100% secure. We cannot guarantee the absolute security of your data during transmission or storage. However, we continually review and update our security practices to protect your information to the best of our ability.
By using our Website and providing your information, you acknowledge and agree that we cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted to or from our Website, and that you do so at your own risk.
Links to Other Websites
Retention, Review, and Change of Information Collected
You may request at any time that TCAP provide you with an opportunity to review and change your personal information (i.e., information that would allow someone to specifically identify you or contact you physically or online such as your name, physical address, telephone number, or email address) collected through the Website or to no longer use your personal information to provide you with any products or services. Please submit any such request (“Request Concerning Personal Information”) to any one of the following:
- By mail: Texas Coalition for Animal Protection, PO Box 77016, Fort Worth, TX 76177, with a subject line of “Your Personal Information.”
- By email: ([email protected]) with a subject line of “Your Personal Information.”
For each Request Concerning Personal Information, please state “Your Personal Information” in the email or letter subject line, and clearly state the following in the body:
- the nature of your request;
- that the request is related to “Your Personal Information;”
- your name, street address, city, state, zip code and email address; and
- whether you prefer to receive a response to your request by mail or email.
We will use reasonable efforts to deal with your request within a reasonable time. If you send a Request Concerning Personal Information by mail, then please do so by U.S. Certified Mail, Return Receipt Requested to allow for confirmation of mailing, delivery and tracking. TCAP will not accept a Request Concerning Personal Information via telephone or facsimile. TCAP is not responsible for any Request Concerning Personal Information that is incomplete, incorrectly labeled, or incorrectly sent.
You are solely responsible for the accuracy and content of your personal information, and for keeping your personal information current and correct.
Residents of the State of California have the right to request from certain businesses with whom the California resident has an established business relationship a list of all third parties to which the business, during the immediately preceding calendar year, has disclosed certain personally identifiable information for direct marketing purposes. We are only required to respond to a customer request once during any calendar year. To obtain this information, you should send a written request to ([email protected]), with the subject heading “California Privacy Rights.” In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the California Privacy Rights requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”)
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information about individuals residing in the European Union. If you believe that we have collected or processed personally identifiable information about any individual residing in the European Union, please contact us immediately at ([email protected]), with the subject heading “GDPR” so that we can delete that information.
No Use by Minors Permitted
Our Website is intended for use by individuals who are at least 18 years of age or such older age as may be required by applicable state laws in the jurisdiction in which an individual utilizes the Website. The Website is not designed or intended to attract, and is not directed to, children under eighteen (18) years of age, let alone thirteen (13) years of age. If we obtain actual knowledge that we have collected personal information through the Website from a person under thirteen (13) years of age, we will delete that information.
Furthermore, if you are under eighteen (18) years of age, then you (or your parent or legal guardian) may at any time request that we remove content or information about you that is posted on the Website. Please submit any such request (“Request for Removal of Minor Information”) to either of the following:
- By mail: Texas Coalition for Animal Protection, PO Box 77016, Fort Worth, TX 76177, with a subject line of “Removal of Minor Information. If you send by mail, please send by U.S. Certified Mail, Return Receipt Requested to allow for confirmation of mailing, delivery and tracking.
- By email: ([email protected]) with a subject line of “Removal of Minor Information”
For each Request for Removal of Minor Information, please state “Removal of Minor Information” in the email or letter subject line, and clearly state the following in the body of the request:
- The nature of your request
- The identity of the content or information to be removed
- The location of the content or information on the Website (e.g. by providing the URL)
- That the request is related to the “Removal of Minor Information”
- Your name, street address, city, state, zip code and email address, and whether you prefer to receive a response to your request by mail or email.
We will not accept any Request for Removal of Minor Information via telephone or facsimile. We are not responsible for failing to comply with any Request for Removal of Minor Information that is incomplete, incorrectly labeled or incorrectly sent.
Please note that we are not required to erase or otherwise eliminate, or enable erasure or elimination of such content or information in certain circumstances, such as, for example, when an international, federal, state, or local law, rule or regulation requires TCAP to maintain the content or information; when the content or information is stored on or posted to the Website by a third party other than you (including any content or information posted by you that was stored, republished or reposted by the third party); when we anonymize the content or information, so that you cannot be individually identified; when you do not follow the aforementioned instructions for requesting the removal of the content or information; and when you have received compensation or other consideration for providing the content or information.
The foregoing is a description of TCAP’s voluntary practices concerning the collection of personal information through the Website from certain minors, and is not intended to be an admission that TCAP is subject to the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, the Federal Trade Commission’s Children’s Online Privacy Protection Rule(s), California Consumer Privacy Act, or any similar international, federal, state, or local laws, rules, or regulations.
We strive to use reasonable physical, technical and administrative measures to protect information under our control. However, you must keep your Account password secure and your Account confidential, and you are responsible for any and all use of your Account. If you have reason to believe that the security of your Account has been compromised, please notify us immediately in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
Texas Coalition for Animal Protection
PO Box 77016
Fort Worth, TX 76177