Affordable Dog Spay & Neuter Services in DFW
We’ve implemented new policies light of COVID-19, learn about how these changes will impact your upcoming visit >>
Spaying and neutering your pet not only helps prevent unwanted litters — saving these pets from being one of the 125,000 cats and dogs euthanized in Texas shelters every year — but also can lessen the chance that your pet develops certain cancers, can reduce roaming and aggression, and increase your pet’s lifespan by 3-5 years.
$150 Puppy Spay/Neuter & Vaccine Wellness Package
Package includes: three vaccine visits, spay/neuter, post-surgery pain medication, a cone, microchip, and a free gift. The package must be purchased before the pet is 4 months old and used before the pet is 7 months old.
All spays and neuters are done by appointment only.
For all sterilization appointments:
- Drop-off is between 8 a.m. and 9 a.m. and pick-up is at 3 p.m.
- Pets should not have any food or water after 10 p.m. the night before their surgery.
- Pets must be at least 10-12 weeks old and weigh at least two pounds for surgery.
- Animals must be younger than five years old to obtain an appointment.
- TCAP veterinary staff will deny pets for sterilization that are less than 2 lbs or 80 lbs or more for surgery.
- TCAP veterinary staff may postpone the sterilization of cryptorchid dogs, younger than 6 months old, to allow adequate time for testicles to descend.
- If dogs are actively in heat, they may be rescheduled for a later date, when they have finished their cycle.
- Lactating females will be rescheduled for a later date when they are no longer producing milk.
- Spay procedures terminate active pregnancies. TCAP does not have diagnostic equipment to verify if a pet is pregnant prior to a spay.
- All pets must be in good health and free of any pre-existing medical conditions to be sterilized at TCAP.
Due to special diagnostic and anesthetic needs, TCAP does not perform surgery or dental cleanings on English Bulldogs, Olde English Bulldogs, or their mixes. This declination of service is for a pet’s well-being and these pets are referred to local, full-service hospitals.
* All pets must have written proof of a current rabies vaccine or receive the vaccine at the time of surgery for an additional $5.00.
A $20 deposit is required at the time of scheduling for all female dogs weighing over 30 lbs.