• Additional pain medications, antibiotics and e-collars are available for purchase for an additional fee at the time of surgery. These are suggested, but not required.The Pain medication combination gives the pets an injection of a pain medication while at TCAP. The owners also take home pain medications that are oral that are given for 3 days, twice a day post-surgery. The cost of this is $15. The elizabethan collar is the plastic, cone shaped collar that prevents the pets from licking at their incisions post-surgery. These should be worn for 10 days-2 weeks post-surgery. They are $10.
• Drop-off is at 8 a.m. Pick-up is at 3 p.m.
• Please do not give dogs and cats food or water after 10 p.m. the night before surgery.
• All pets must have written proof of a current rabies vaccine or receive the vaccine at the time of surgery for an additional $5.00.
• Pets must be at least 10-12 weeks old and weigh at least two pounds for surgery. Animals may not be older than five years old to obtain an appointment.
• There is an additional $10 fee for in season females.
• There is an additional $20-$40 fee for pregnant females. When a female pet is spayed while pregnant, the pregnancy is terminated.
• There is an additional $20-$40 fee for males that only have one testicle descended.
• If a pet’s surgery is prolonged for any reason, a $20.00 extended surgery fee will be assessed at the time of pick up. If this fee is assessed, it will be used in place of a crypt-orchid, in-heat or pregnancy fee.
Prepayment is not a confirmation of an appointment. Appointments are required for surgeries, but not necessary for vaccinations. Pets must be at least 10-12 weeks old and weigh at least two pounds for surgery. Animals may not be older than five years old to obtain an appointment. Receipt must be printed and provided to TCAP staff at the time of payment. Additional surgery fees may apply. No refunds will be given for prepayments. Prepayment will expire four months from issue. Additional services can be selected at the time of services. The appropriate forms will still need to be filled out at the clinic.